Friday, September 28, 2012

Kia ora koutou

It's nice to be back in Dunedin (I worked here from 2001-2009 in the Clothing and Textile Sciences department).

I'm here to do some scanning electron microscopy contributing towards two main projects: our knicker work and gunshot to fabrics.

It's been a busy four days. Liz Girvan (SEM) and I have been discussing the work, preparing specimens and today started some imaging.

I've been meeting with Jules Kieser about the gunshot project, and talking with a joint PhD candidate Jules and I have (Therese de Castro) about her research on blood spatter.

Me, Therese and Jules
 
I've also met with my old Head of Department Raechel Laing to discuss a PhD candidate who is just about to hand in her thesis (Nur Yusof) - I was a co-supervisor for this work.

I'm staying with my friends Trevor Deaker and Mark Borrie (and Tussock - woof); this weekend we're all heading off to their vineyard Eight Ranges in Alex :)

 Liz mounting specimens

 Coating the specimens

First specimens in the JOEL

No comments:

Post a Comment